Free online courses through
Upcoming Events and Lectures
- Embodying the Beloved: Lecture By Matthew MillerDate: Thursday, September 03, 2015 12 - 1 PM
- The Library of Congress and Roshan Institute for Persian Studies at the University of Maryland Present "The Persian Book Lecture Series".
- WORLDWISE: Arts and Humanities Dean's Lecture Series Date: September 23, 2015 5:30pm
- The Worldwise Arts & Humanities Dean's Lecture Series provides an opportunity for the college faculty, students and staff to join together with colleagues across campus for stimulating conversation about issues that cross our disciplines. Lectures and performances may address either enduring or emerging questions central to the arts and humanities, or questions arising from other disciplines to which the arts and humanities might speak. In addition to presenting a major public event, each lecturer interacts in smaller settings with faculty, graduate students and/or undergraduates. Lectures and performances in the series may be co-sponsored with particular programs, centers, or departments within the college, with other colleges, and with external organizations. All Dean's Lecture Series events are free (ticketed) and open to the public.
- Distinguished Scholar-Teacher Lectures First Lecture: Monday September 28. 2015
- Lecture series by awardees of the Distinguished Scholar-Teacher Award. This award honors senior faculty who, as men and women of outstanding scholarly accomplishment, combined with excellence in teaching, personify our image of the professorate.
- Center for Literary and Comparative Studies Lecture and Film SeriesFirst event: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7 - 9 PM
- This year the Center is sponsoring or cosponsoring eleven lecture and film series. See page for full list and descriptions
- Workshop Designing successful group work and converting skeptical students
- Teaching & learning transformation center - Wednesday, September 9, 2015 - 12:00 to 13:30
- Workshop Re-envisioning group work and collaboration with new(er) technologies
- Teaching & learning transformation center - Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:00 - 13:30
- Workshop Perspectives from Underrepresented Students
- Teaching & learning transformation center - Wednesday, October 7, 2015 - 12:00 to 13:30
- Joint Symposium University of Maryland and the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- The daylong conference is designed to bring together researchers that approach network science from the perspectives of different fields. Friday, Jan. 24 8:30am - 2pm